What is thatu?
thatu was created in the UK in 2004 by a handful of people who had been inspired by the initiatives of many communities working against the odds in South Africa to grow a new future for themselves. We support such self-help and home-grown projects in poorly resourced communities in South Africa so that they can flourish and reach their full potential – sustaining the future.
• Projects targeting needs identified and articulated by the community.
• Long term and sustainable programmes.
• Effective communication within communities.
• Partnerships with like-minded organisations in South Africa.
• Communication between thatu's Friends and supporters, and the projects they support to ensure that we learn from our experiences.
We support community self-help schemes that:
• Grow food to improve nutrition
• Target needs identified and articulated by the community
• Embed long term and sustainable programmes
• Encourage initiatives by women and children
• Support those affected by HIV/AIDS
• Make sustainable improvements to the environment
• Generate income in their communities.
UK Registered Charity No. 1108655
Copyright © 2016 Thatu
Website designed by Singularity Web Design